1. Collect all of the pertinent data:
• Copies of any equipment leases.
• Copy of the real estate lease or appraisal.
• Three year’s profit & loss statements.
• List the furniture, fixtures & equipment.
• List of past and present clients/customers
• Federal income tax returns for the business.
• Approximate value of normal inventory levels.
• Copy of franchise agreement (if applicable).
• List of loans against the business, balances and payments.
2. Establish a fair market value with the assistance of a business broker
3. Prepare marketing strategy
4. Inform buyers of the opportunity (List business with Realtor/Business Broker, advertise)
6. Offer and negotiations